2K Sports NHL 2K8 came out September 11th on North America. NHL 2K8 is available for Xbox 360, PS2 and PS3. Some features of the game includes:
• ProStick™ – Full 360° analog controls intuitively mapped to the right stick allow for precision puck handling ability. Hundreds of new animations give gamers a full range of movement, creating a genuine NHL gameplay experience on both offense and defense.
• All-New Goaltending – Completely overhauled with instinctive AI, entirely new animations, and situation specific behaviors. Goalies will now come out and challenge, guard the post, perform spectacular butterfly saves, and much more.
• Ground-breaking Face-Off System – Based on timing and strategy, and featuring tie-ups, warnings, and toss-outs, this innovative system brings an unrivaled level of depth and realism with every drop of the puck.
• NHL Signature Style – Striking next gen visuals, redesigned player models highlighting the new 2007-2008 NHL uniform style, accurate equipment featuring several real-life brands, and updated player likenesses bring gamers the most realistic hockey game to date.
• Deeper Franchise – Now complete with nearly every CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement) feature available including a revamped off-season mode with brand new negotiation system, improved draft, refurbished free agent signing, and an all-new player progression system.
• My NHL – Gamers can customize their own style of play to create the exact hockey experience they want, and then share their Game Styles online for others to use. Using a new rating system to rank the best user Game Styles, gamers can let everyone else know how they should be playing hockey.
• 2K Sports Online – Featuring full online leagues and tournaments complete with trades, stat tracking, fantasy drafts, and more, gamers go head-to-head against the best players around. Players can also enter for a chance to win an all-new car in the NHL 2K8 Tournament presented by Dodge.